Re: latest radeon driver and full screen video

Bob a écrit :
The strange thing is that mplayer correctly display films on the second screen with the predefined aspect. *But* I change the aspect to 16:9, the display is not good.

Why are you overriding the aspect of the film? have you tried mplayer settings like monitorpixelaspect = 1 which tells mplayer that your display has square pixels?

Maybe I have forgotten to tell you something important. Even if full-screen films are not correctly displayed, the gnome desktop is fine. Mplayer default display is 4:3. Maybe the default aspect ratio is the ratio of the first screen (1280/1024 = 4/3). But on the second screen (1360x768 = 16/9), the 4:3 aspect ratio shows two black areas on the left and on the right.

I will do more test tonight.

I have find a workaround, this works perfectly with vlc. It means that the problem is not related to xrandr but only to mplayer. I will test with mplayer trunk version.

Good luck.

Thanks.