Re: SMTP error: 550 Administrative prohibition

Uwe Dippel <udippel@uniten.edu.my> writes:

> On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 07:50:01 -0500, Haines Brown wrote:
>
>> There seems to be a problem getting my fetchmail requests being
>> authenticated at the mail server. Here's what fetchmail tells me:
>>   fetchmail: Issuer Organization: Courier Mail Server
>>   fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: localhost
>>   fetchmail: Server CommonName: localhost
>>   fetchmail: Server CommonName mismatch: localhost != pop.hartford-hwp.com
>>   fetchmail: pop.hartford-hwp.com key fingerprint:
>> 	44:B3:8D:19:D1:83:C1:06:95:CB:22:69:73:CE:08:61
>>   fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: self signed certificate
>
> Okay, but this has nothing to do with Exim. Fetchmail doesn't touch it
> here.

I understand, and that's why I didn't understand what was going on, for
I did nothing to fetchmail. I inferred that fetchmail was sending the
mail server data that it didn't like.

> I tried for you, "fetchmail: Server CommonName mismatch: localhost" and
> got some promising results, like
> http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-June/014043.html

I had looked at that site, but clearly it had to do with SSL, which I'm
not using.

> I guess,
> ping teufel
> will show a proper resolution by your /etc/hosts.

Ping teufel does not run. I seem to have some problem with hostname
aliases:

$ hostname
teufel

$ hostname -a
teufel

I assume the response with the -a option would include
localhost@localdomain, etc., for:

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.1.1     teufel.hartford-hwp.com teufel

My my assumption correct, my mail server does not like the way I
identify myself, which apparently sa-exim or exim reconfigure somehow
changed.

--

       Haines Brown, KB1GRM