SMTP error: 550 Administrative prohibition

I've lost e-mail, and so in desperation turn to news groups.

In trying to configure my exim4 to use spamassassin, I apparently messed
up the confituration somehow. At first, all downloaded messages were
deleted as spam, and as I fiddled, fetchmail could not download messages
because the mail server did not like the information it received (SMTP
error: 550 Administrative prohibition), and now fetchmail does not even
see any messages.

I'm running debian etch. Doing # exim4 -d did not reveal anything
meaninfful to me. When all mail was rejected as spam, my exim4 reject
log had entries, but now no more.

Here is my exim4 configuration:

# It sounds like I should change it to true to get exim4 to use
# sa-exim:
local_scan_path='true'

# 2007april: I reduced dc_other_hostnames to just my FQDN
# I changed dc_local_interfaces='' to
# dc_local_interfaces='127.0.0.1'
dc_eximconfig_configtype='smarthost'
dc_other_hostnames='hartford-hwp.com'
dc_local_interfaces='127.0.0.1'
dc_readhost='hartford-hwp.com'
dc_relay_domains=''
dc_minimaldns='false'
dc_relay_nets=''

# 2007oct27: Web.com servers went SSL, and so I had to change smtp server
# name to first line, which is a link. Link could be broken, so change to
# hanme of link target. I tried but failed to revert from target to link.
# dc_smarthost='smtp.hartford-hwp.com'
dc_smarthost='mymail.myregisteredsite.com'

I'm not sure where to start.

--

       Haines Brown, KB1GRM