Re: SMTP error: 550 Administrative prohibition

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 19:01:12 -0500, Haines Brown wrote:

> I've lost e-mail, and so in desperation turn to news groups.
>
> In trying to configure my exim4 to use spamassassin, I apparently messed
> up the confituration somehow. At first, all downloaded messages were
> deleted as spam, and as I fiddled, fetchmail could not download messages
> because the mail server did not like the information it received (SMTP
> error: 550 Administrative prohibition), and now fetchmail does not even
> see any messages.

This isn't all too helpful, I know. Exim in Debian is a political
decision; due to licensing. The first thing I always do to any Debian-box
is installing Postfix.
Not that I had anything against Exim, only at installing Debian, it would
offer several alternatives of configuring Exim that I, as a professional,
couldn't understand. That's useless software for you. My 2 sen.