Re: aptitude dist-upgrade complaining about evolution being broken?

Rick Thomas schreef:
> Followup is bottom posted...
>
> On Dec 18, 2007, at 3:09 AM, Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:
>
>> Rick Thomas wrote:
>>>
>>> When I do "aptitude dist-upgrade" on my Lenny testing machine, I get:

>>> Any thoughts on what's wrong or what to do about it?
>> Yes, the evolution-webcal is for a new version of evolution that is not
>> yet available in testing yet. Accept the option offered by aptitude (to
>> keep evolution) and wait for the upgraded evolution to become available
>> for testing.
>>
>> Sjoerd
>>>

>>> Rick
>
> OK, I did that, and now it says:
>
>> The following packages are BROKEN:
>>   evolution-exchange evolution-plugins gnome-desktop-environment
>> The following packages will be automatically REMOVED:
>>   evolution
>> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>>   evolution
>> The following packages will be upgraded:
>>   evolution-webcal
>> 1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
>> Need to get 95.6kB of archives. After unpacking 9310kB will be freed.
>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>   gnome-desktop-environment: Depends: evolution (>= 2.6.3) but it is
>> not installable
>>   evolution-exchange: Depends: evolution (>= 2.10.2) but it is not
>> installable
>>   evolution-plugins: Depends: evolution (>= 2.10.3) but it is not
>> installable
>> Resolving dependencies...
>> The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
>>
>> Remove the following packages:
>> evolution-webcal
>>
>> Keep the following packages at their current version:
>> evolution [2.10.3-1 (testing, testing, now)]
>>
>> Score is 190
>>
>> Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] q
>> Abandoning all efforts to resolve these dependencies.
>> Abort.
>

> I don't use evolution-webcal, so I'm not too worried about removing it,
> but I'm a little concerned when it says that gnome-desktop-environment
> is broken.  Is it going to try to remove that next?

You still have evolution 2-10-3, which solves the dependency-problems
mentioned by aptitude, except the dependency problems for webcal.
Accepting the offer (remove webcal, keep evolutions) seems the sane
thing to do to me. I get the message you got earlier too when doing a
dist-upgrade. Accepting the "keep everything the same for now" works for me.

Sjoerd