Re: How to disable ipv6 in Lenny to avoid 1.0.0.0 error in name resolution for AAAA type queries

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 06:40:01PM +0530, Amogh Hooshdar wrote:
> Thank you for response. But it did not help. I commented out all the
> ip6 lines in /etc/hosts and then even rebooted the box.
>
> Now see a sample output for aptitude update:-
>
> # aptitude update
> 0% [Connecting to ftp.us.debian.org (1.0.0.0)] [Connecting to security.debian.or
>
> I observed it with wireshark and the DNS queries and responses are like this:-
>
> DNS Standard query AAAA ftp.us.debian.org
> DNS Standard query response [Malformed packet]
> DNS Standrd query A ftp.us.debian.org
> DNS Standard query response A 1.0.0.0
This looks like your dns server is returning 1.0.0.0 for an A record request,
have you tried a dig <hostname> or a hosts <hostname> and see what the results
are.

You have done all the right things to turn of ipv6 from the system