Re: How to disable ipv6 in Lenny to avoid 1.0.0.0 error in name resolution for AAAA type queries

Amogh Hooshdar wrote the following on 15.12.2007 07:58

</snip>

> I changed the "alias net-pf-10 ipv6" line to the following two lines.
>
> alias net-pf-10 off
> alias ipv6 off
>
> After rebooting, I checked: lsmod | grep ipv6. Sure enough it is gone
> and the command gives nil output. But when I use bitchx or pidgin to
> connect to irc.freenode.net, I can still see DNS AAAA irc.freenode.net
> type of queries.As a result our DNS server that doesn't understand
> ipv6 returns 1.0.0.0 as the address and the clients don't work.

</snip>

> Please help me to disable ipv6 completely.

<---------------  /etc/hosts  ---------------

#::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
#fe00::0 ip6-localnet
#ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
#ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
#ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
#ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

for nameresolution /etc/hosts is read then /etc/resolv.conf .

HTH
--
Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09