Re: Latest kernel security update wont boot resolved

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 09:54:49PM -0500, Marc Auslander wrote:
> The problem is operator (that's me) stupidity.
>
> I have an overloaded find so I can say find foo and have it mean
> find . -name foo -print
>
> mkinitramfs uses find . | cpio to build the initrd.img

ooh, interesting. I wouldn't have seen that coming from a mile
away. HOw do you have that overloading set up? and how does
mkinitramfs use find. If it uses the full path, then you could alias
find to a "my_find_script.sh" and still get your desired performance
without interfering with well written utils that use find.

> I've wasted my time - i deserve it - and your time - you don't.
>
> Sorry.

not at all... this is how we learn. Now we, and everyone reading this
thread, know that this can happen.... IT's another symptom to be aware
of. An initrd that comes out too small might be because it just
doesn't find the modules properly.