Re: aptitude has poor exit status behaviour

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 01:57:55PM +0000, Nick Boyce <nick@glimmer.demon.co.uk> was heard to say:
> Daniel Burrows wrote:
> > ... If you want this in a hurry your best bet is to either
> > send a working patch to a bug report or (if such a patch
> > already exists) to harass me via email until I apply it. :-)
>
> Okay ... I'll have a go at coding a fix ... I'm not familiar with
> developing for Debian, but that sounds like it might be within my
> capability :)

  I have some partial notes on building aptitude up at
http://algebraicthunk.net/~dburrows/projects/aptitude/compiling .
Please let me know if there's anything I forgot to mention there.

> > Preferably all such harassment should be conducted via
> > emails sent to bug reports
>
> I'd be inclined to add to one of the existing bugs (probably the newest
> one, 445035) - but would you rather have separate bugs for each
> different circumstance where a non-zero exit status is required ?

  If your change doesn't fix the existing bug, please submit a new bug
so I can close it with the upload.

  Daniel