Re: Using Linda

David Schulberg wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Have just set up Linda or I thought I had.
>
> When I run 'linda package.deb' I get errors as follows:
>

> debian:/home/david/Desktop/Downloads# linda checkinstall_1.6.1-1_i386.deb
>
> Linda: Running as root, dropping to nobody.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "/usr/bin/linda", line 101, in ?
>
>     main.run()
[...]
> What is the problem here?

When you build a Debian package you end up with files like these:

	package_n.n.n-n_xxx.deb
	package_n.n.n.orig.tar.gz
	package_n.n.n-n.diff.gz
	package_n.n.n-n.dsc
	package_n.n.n-n_i386.changes

I think that you are meant to run linda on the ".changes" file.

	linda package_n.n.n-n_i386.changes

The Debian New Maintainers' Guide [1] has more details.

[1] http://www.us.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/

Hope that helps,

--
Chris.