Re: aptitude has poor exit status behaviour

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 02:24:15AM +0000, Nick Boyce <nick@glimmer.demon.co.uk> was heard to say:
> Does anyone think another bug report is called for ?
> It looks as though it's known that the error handling behaviour
> needs attention but it's not high on anybody's TODO list.

  I'm currently busy working on other parts of the program.  If you want
this in a hurry your best bet is to either send a working patch to a bug
report or (if such a patch already exists) to harass me via email until
I apply it. :-)  Preferably all such harassment should be conducted via
emails sent to bug reports so that it gets archived with the bug and
filtered into my debbugs folder.

> And is there a better list to post this to ?  A check shows only
> debian-dpkg(-bugs) or debian-qa(-packages) as being likely.

  The most appropriate list would be aptitude-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org.
deity@lists.debian.org would be the closest alternative.

  Daniel