Re: Loosing internet after suspend

John Patton wrote:
After bringing up my system after a suspend to disk, i lose internet access. When i try to restart networking, i get the following:

  SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
  eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
  eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
  Bind socket to interface: No such device
  Failed to bring up eth0.

eth0 is, of course, the card that connects to my cable modem. The only way i know to get it back is to restart the computer! I've looked everywhere i can think of to look, but i just don't know how to reactivate that device.

My wife is getting angry with Linux, which isn't good! If someone could help me out here i would greatly appreciate it. Even just some ideas about where to look would be good.

If it's a PCMCIA card, try removing/reinserting it. Not really a fix, but perhaps a work-around.

--
Kent