Loosing internet after suspend

After bringing up my system after a suspend to disk, i lose internet access. When i try to restart networking, i get the following:

  SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
  eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
  eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
  Bind socket to interface: No such device
  Failed to bring up eth0.

eth0 is, of course, the card that connects to my cable modem. The only way i know to get it back is to restart the computer! I've looked everywhere i can think of to look, but i just don't know how to reactivate that device.

My wife is getting angry with Linux, which isn't good! If someone could help me out here i would greatly appreciate it. Even just some ideas about where to look would be good.

If you need any other information about my system, please just let me know.

Thanks in advance!