Re: Loosing internet after suspend

On 11/12/2007, John Patton <elov66@gmail.com> wrote:
> After bringing up my system after a suspend to disk, i lose internet access.
> When i try to restart networking, i get the following:
>
>   SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
>   eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
>   eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
>   Bind socket to interface: No such device
>   Failed to bring up eth0.
>
> eth0 is, of course, the card that connects to my cable modem. The only way i
> know to get it back is to restart the computer! I've looked everywhere i can
> think of to look, but i just don't know how to reactivate that device.

Same here. Right now I am using lenny on a AMD4 laptop. The problem
extends to wireless device too which other wise work when laptop is
booted. Additionally I am not able to suspend but only hibernate the
machine.

I have not yet given this problem a priority as this is not urgent
issue with me ??? no wife to nag ;-) ??? but the same laptop was
working fine when I had Ubuntu6.06 on it earlier.

The common issue with both was that as this is a wide screen laptop I
have too add vga=771 as additional parameter at boot time (edited
/boot/grub/menu.lst to make it persistent)

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar