/dev/raw1394 in 2.6.22 kernel and dvgrab

Hello,

I have used raw1394 module with kino and dvgrab to grab video from my
camcorder in to my Debian Testing to make DVDs of home videos.

However, I recall reading someplace that raw1394 module is no longer
included in 2.6.22 and up kernels. Consequently, one cannot use dvgrab
in these kernels. For that reason, I am still using 2.6.21 in my machine
running Debian Testing. Anybody know what is the status now? Or any
other method with which to use dvgrab (and/or kino) with these kernels
in Debian?

Is anybody using 2.6.22 and still able to use dvgrab to grab video from
a video device?

thanks,
->HS