Re: wajig < > apt-get

steef wrote:

> hi folks,
>
> somebody on this list mentioned wajig.
> my question: what program is more useful for a user:
>
> wajig or (what i have been using for years) apt-get
>

> reg.,
>
> steef

Hi Steef,
I prefer wajig to other package tools because:
1. It has a cli.
2. You can enter a wajig environment (with the prompt wajig> ) without
having to repeat wajig infront of every command.
3. on doing wajig>update it tells you how many upgrades you may have (with
aptitude you get no info after updating).
4. wajig's search is more exhaustive than aptitude's (sometimes this is not
a benefit)
Cheers,
Jonathan