Re: increase space in /tmp

On 2007-11-30 11:45 +0100, Mark Neidorff wrote:

> Is it possible to increase the space available in /tmp without doing the
> backup/repartition/reinstall/restore dance?
>
> I'm trying to backup a dvd using k9copy.  It wants to have about 8 gig free in
> the /tmp partition, but when I set the system up, I gave /tmp much less than
> that.

I don't know k9copy, is there a way to have it use another directory
than /tmp, e.g. by a command-line option or by setting TMPDIR?  If not,
you should file a bug report to the k9copy authors, because putting huge
files in /tmp is just plain wrong.  These days it makes sense to mount
/tmp on a tmpfs filesystem, and writing DVD images there thwarts this
possibility.

Regards,
        Sven