Re: LDAP - howto get linux to talk to exchange/AD

On Nov 28, 8:40 pm, "s. keeling" <keel...@nucleus.com> wrote:
> Bob Goldberg <bobg.h...@gmail.com>:
>

> >  at the end of the day, this is what I want: my debian(etch)/exim machine to
> >  accept all internet Email to my domain, ignore all else, and relay on to my
> >  exchange5.5 server. This means I want exim to validate email recipients
> >  thruldaplookups.
>
> Have you googled "eximldap"?  You appear to be reinventing the
> wheel.  :-)  The first hit I see is a ppt, "Using Exim WithLDAP".  And
> I see FreeBSD has exim-ldap...

hi s.

yes, I have... but none of my searches has revealed any information
that actually works.

All I can get out of exim is "Unrouteable address". no matter what
I've tried.
The ppt presentation you referred to looked like it had potential, but
not 1 single LDAP query in that ppt seemed to work correctly on my
windows browser. I figured if the information in there, which DID look
fairly straightforward, doesn't work right, then how can I trust
anything that follows.?

I certainly accept the notion that the problem is ME. But I can't seem
to find a place to start diagnosing what I'm doing wrong... I can't
seem to get even the simplest of things to work correctly when it
comes to using exim w/ ldap.

I consider myself expert, when it comes to most things *nix. But
working with ldap has been the most frustrating experience i've had in
a long time.

The closest thing to ANY success i've had is with ldapsearch as
follows:
ldapsearch -h exchange.domain.com -D
"CN=exim,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=com" -x -w "password" -b
"CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=com" "(memberOf=CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=com)"

this command at least seems to communicate w/ the exchange server, and
tells me "invalid credentials".
I can only ASSUME that means a problem w/ the user/password, but I
KNOW that info IS valid.

I don't have a clue how to start figuring out what's wrong with
credentials I KNOW are good.
is debian REALLY talking to my exchange server? have no clue...
it would help if I could telnet to my exchange server & submit a query
& see it work... but no one can even tell me if this can be done!?!?