Re: [OT] firefox 3

Kent West wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Kent West wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Anybody try the new firefox 3?

Also, most of my add-ons are incompatible with FF3. Reckon I'll have to wait a while on those ....

Indeed. Keep us posted on that freeze up. I have not found any trouble thusfar.

Hugo

I'm convinced now that the freeze was unrelated to FF3; I was logged in as the second user, and I experienced another freeze as I shut down Galeon followed by Icewm/X. I'm leaning toward it being an Icewm problem.

But, another issue with FF3; it defaults to what I consider an unpleasant behavior, in that when you middle-click on a link to open the link in a new tab, FF3 switches focus to that tab. There's a setting to turn that off, which is good. But later when I went back to FF2 (iceweasel), it now exhibits that same default FF3 behavior (which it has not done in the past), and I can't figure any way to turn it off, even though I've found the setting for it. Arg. I should have known better than to use FF3 by a live user and then switch back to FF2 so that settings could mix.

Ah, just found another setting not obvious, and it fixed my problem. All's good now.

So, my final answer? FF3 is fine, but I see no compelling reason yet to upgrade. Once my plugins work with it, and it's packaged for Sid, I'll pro'lly upgrade.

--
Kent