Re: [OT] firefox 3

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Kent West wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Anybody try the new firefox 3?

Also, most of my add-ons are incompatible with FF3. Reckon I'll have to wait a while on those ....

Indeed. Keep us posted on that freeze up. I have not found any trouble thusfar.

Hugo

I'm convinced now that the freeze was unrelated to FF3; I was logged in as the second user, and I experienced another freeze as I shut down Galeon followed by Icewm/X. I'm leaning toward it being an Icewm problem.

But, another issue with FF3; it defaults to what I consider an unpleasant behavior, in that when you middle-click on a link to open the link in a new tab, FF3 switches focus to that tab. There's a setting to turn that off, which is good. But later when I went back to FF2 (iceweasel), it now exhibits that same default FF3 behavior (which it has not done in the past), and I can't figure any way to turn it off, even though I've found the setting for it. Arg. I should have known better than to use FF3 by a live user and then switch back to FF2 so that settings could mix.

--
Kent