Re: System won't boot after successful Debian installation

David Schulberg wrote:
Hi,

I went through the entire installation process again to see if I could end
up with a bootable installation.

The GRUB boot loader installs by default. I select to install the GRUB boot
loader to the master boot record. The installation reports at completion
that it will boot into the new system I have just installed.

However when the system reboots it reports 'Primary master hard disk fail'.
I am at my wits end. The standard installation process has failed!!

It appears that your system is able to boot from a cd but not from the harddisk. If it is an ide disk, then I think something might be wrong with the jumper settings for specifying whether the disk should be a master or a slave. Worth a look, I guess.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi