Re: b43 wireless firmware problems on 2.6.24-rc2

On Thu, 2007.11.22 19:51, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Owen Heisler wrote:
>
> [...]
> > __/etc/network/interfaces portion:
> > iface wlan0 inet dhcp
> >   wireless-channel 11
> >   wireless-essid ****
> >   wireless-ap any
> [...]
> > I'd like ifup and ifdown to always work.
>
> You're missing
>
> auto wlan0
>
> stanza in e/n/i

Uh, that would bring up the interface automatically on startup, which I do not
want.  I would like, though, for the 'ifup' and 'ifdown' commands to work to
bring up or take down the connection.  That is the problem.  You can see, if
you read all the chatter earlier in the message, that the ifup command works
only the first time, not thereafter.