RE: System won't boot after successful Debian installation

Hi,

I went through the entire installation process again to see if I could end
up with a bootable installation.

The GRUB boot loader installs by default. I select to install the GRUB boot
loader to the master boot record. The installation reports at completion
that it will boot into the new system I have just installed.

However when the system reboots it reports 'Primary master hard disk fail'.
I am at my wits end. The standard installation process has failed!!

Not being a Linux guru I would really appreciate some specific pointers as
to how to sort this problem out.

I looked at 'rescue' and I see that I can shell into my installation but
what to check and what to do to sort this out???

Furthermore as the BIOS reports the presence of a Primary Master I assume
that my HD is OK, especially as it is a totally new replacement drive.

David