Re: [debian-users] minicom or ISP? - No urgency - answer if you have time.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 06:14:13PM -0500, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> On Friday 16 November 2007, Ted Hilts - Thunderbird Acct. wrote:

> > ...Has anyone
> > else run into this situation where the "AiiNET" prompt occurs during
> > manual dial up? In the following paragraph I provide more detail.
>
> If that doesn't work, do you have any way of connecting with a Windows
> system and monitoring your transmission?  Perhaps using something like
> Ethereal?  (Does Ethereal watch dial up?  Don't remember.)  That might
> let you intercept what their software uses as a response.

There's a package called snooper that lets you watch and log data
running between two serial ports.  You can set a debian box up
physically/electrically between a windows box and the modem (assuming
its an external modem) and log the connection.

Doug.