Re: [debian-users] minicom or ISP? - No urgency - answer if you have time.

Thunderbird Acct. wrote:
> When dialing up my ISP in an interactive mode providing user name and
> password I get a third prompt with the prompt message "AiiNET".

Some ISPs respond with a username/password prompt when you use an
interactive program but expect PAP authenication when they see a PPP
connection.  Run pppconfig as root, answer the questions, and then use pon
to start the connection and poff to stop it.  If you want dial-on-demand go
into the "Advanced" menu in pppconfig.
--
John Hasler