Re: NVIDIA card & lenny

On Wed November 14 2007, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> The nividia glx module is loaded, but nvidia_drv is not used. The most
> likely reason for this is that the nvidia kernel module cannot be
> loaded. We should have seen an error message about this earlier, though
> (in the xorg log). Maybe you still had the "nv" driver in your xorg.conf
> when you posted the output of the EE/WW grep command, or the X server
> had not been restarted?
of course I had to change it to nv to get back into X windows.. so that would
be correct

> I need to see the xorg error messages after a (failed?) start with the
> nvidia driver; something is wrong in your configuration file if you
> still have messages from the nv driver. (You can save the messages and
> change back to the nv driver after that, if you need X to use your email
> program.)

ok, I changed it to nvidia, restarted and saved the error log. here is the
relevant error:
(WW) Including the default font
path /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc,/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic,/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled,/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled,/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1,/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi,/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi,/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800