NVIDIA card & lenny

I just did the dist-upgrade to Lenny ( I love a challenge:)
when it came up after a reboot, of course it went to the text login prompt, no
KDM. I'm used to that, this is my 2nd DELL desktop running linux with NVIDIA
graphics cards..
it seems envy isn't supported yet in lenny, and I can't get the NVIDIA*.run to
work. it complained about GCC versions ( I don't remember the exact text).
I have this card:
 "nVidia Corporation GeForce 7300 LE"

and this run file:
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.19-pkg1

and I'm running KDE and this:
k$ uname -a
Linux paulandcilla 2.6.22-2-686 #1 SMP Fri Aug 31 00:24:01 UTC 2007 i686
GNU/Linux

I changed xorg.conf to "nv" from "nvidia" to get it working, but I'd like to
run the NVIDIA driver.
if there is a list for lenny or testing or another list I should be asking in,
please point me tuit, thanks.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800