Re: kdm, desktop-base and theme across two heads

On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 11:01:55PM -0500, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 05:25:06PM -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> > | please provide relevant data like: what hardware, contents of
> > | xorg.conf.
> >
> > I think you misunderstand. Xorg.conf works as advertised -- I've had the dual
> > heads for many months.
> >
> > But the 'theme for kdm' activated via desktop-base is only only screen 1 of 2
> > whereas screen 2 still has the default kde background. I would like the theme
> > to extend to screen 1 and 2.
> IIRC you may want xinerama set in xorg.conf. without it, each screen
> will have its own theme setting but with it, 2 screens will be joined,
> so it will cover both screens.
> I think I read that right?

That's how I understand it as well, hence my request for xorg.conf. Of
course some of the WM's/DE's handle it differently. you either need
xinerama (which may change the way the rig functions in other ways
--like full screen stretching across both) or setting a theme for each
display. DOn't know how to do that in kde.