Re: WINE under Lenny

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 08:10:22PM +0100, Sjoerd Hiemstra wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:10:21 -0400 Carl Fink wrote:
> > Is anyone having any luck with WINE?
>
> Yes, I have a few programs running successfully with Wine on Lenny.
> MS's Word Viewer, for example.  And ies4linux (www.tatanka.com.br),
> running a few versions of IE for testing purposes, while using the
> already installed version of Wine.
>
> > So I downloaded the latest release from the winehq.com repository and
> > installed that.
>
> I remember having problems after adding the WineHQ Apt repository
> to /etc/apt/sources.list.  But Wine from the Debian repositories
> (currently at version 0.9.44-1) runs without problems.
>
> > I installed the program using apt-get and as a test ran "wine
> > wordpad".
>
> Hm, 'wine wordpad' runs completely error free here.
> After closing down: 'wine exited with a successful status'.

I'm going to have some time this weekend. Any suggestions on debugging the
problem (aside from getting the Magic SysRq set up)?
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!