Re: installing XFCE - again

On Fri,  2 Nov 2007 15:09:58 +0000 (UTC)

>            Yes, I forgot the question. I want to get the whole .deb
> package for Ubuntu 7.04 from the net( not via apt) , sothat I can
> install it as one more .deb package . I am finding only the source
> code in XFCE.org.
>  The binary distribution for XFCE in debian group will say"GLib  is
> not found  and I am quitting this installation" .  I want to know
> whether I can download  XFCE as a .deb package from the net and can I
> install the same with "dpkg"?

Ubuntu packages for xfce can be found at
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/x/

This directory contains all the packages, starting with x, for the last
few Ubunutu releases.

Anytime you want to get a package, you can find them by entering the
url from the repository, and going to the "pool" directory.  This is
true of both Ubuntu and debian repositories.

Mark

PS, Manually installing all the packages for an xfce setup, via "dpkg
-i", will take a while.  I would seriously try to get apt, aptitude, or
synaptic working first.