Re: Development Enviroment

On Nov 2, 2007 7:21 PM, Richard <cms0009@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking for IDE or RAD development environments application (KDE)
> for Java, Perl, Lisp.
>
> On the Macintosh, we had toolbox which had all the libraries, and objects,
> to program in several languages.
>
> Doesn't (KDE) offer this too ?
> if so, which application gui would work ?

Some people that develop KDE apps use KDevelop. It is C++ and KDE
focused, but has support for Java and Perl (I don't know about Lisp). Java
Devs often use Eclipse (Eclipse supports languages besides Java, but I
don't know specifically about Perl and Lisp) or NetBeans. I  guess most
Perl and Lisp Devs would use text editors, like Vim, Nedit and Emacs
(Emacs has a particularly good Lisp editing mode, since it is written in Lisp).

You will need to install the libraries yourself.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers