Re: WINE under Lenny

On 15:14 Thu 01 Nov     , Carl Fink wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 05:42:08PM +0000, Tyler Smith wrote:
>
> > I couldn't figure WINE out. I'm in a similar situation, needing to run
> > a few Windows programs on a regular, if limited basis. I tried
> > crossoveroffice, which installed without a hitch and works as
> > advertised. You can get a free trial version from their website, and
> > if you like it enough to pay for it it'll cost you $40. It is
> > closed-source, but apparently some of the money makes its way into
> > WINE development.
>
> In fact, Crossover Office is built on WINE by WINE developers.

Tried (paid for) Crossover Office sometime ago. MS Office worked mostly
but nothing else did, including iTunes, which was my main reason for
purchasing. Never did get the issue resolved but figured if at least
some of my money was going to open source the what the hell?

I do think that they should not declare iTunes as 100% usable under
Crossover until they get it right. As I recall the excuse was that
Crossover only worked with an iTunes version that was about 2 years out
of date.

--
Regards, John