Re: WINE under Lenny

On 2007-11-01, Carl Fink <carl@finknetwork.com> wrote:
> I need to run a Windows program or two for work, so rather than powerup my
> laptop for 30 minutes of work per day, I thought I'd try to install the
> programs on my Debian tower using WINE.
>
> Is anyone having any luck with WINE?  I tried to trace the problem using
> winedbg, but that locked things up, too.  Am I missing something obvious?

I couldn't figure WINE out. I'm in a similar situation, needing to run
a few Windows programs on a regular, if limited basis. I tried
crossoveroffice, which installed without a hitch and works as
advertised. You can get a free trial version from their website, and
if you like it enough to pay for it it'll cost you $40. It is
closed-source, but apparently some of the money makes its way into
WINE development.

Tyler