Re: Charging iPod / Listening to music

On Oct 31, 2007, at 1:42 PM, Nate Duehr wrote:

Interesting point. Mine is also VFAT I think. Hmmm... since I never use disk support and don't care about it, I wonder if I should wipe and reinstall it with HFSv2... see if it behaves differently. Not sure if Linux can even read them when they're set up that way, though... never tried... (not super interested in trying either, but maybe I'll at least reinstall/reformat it sometime just to play around and see what it changes).

IIRC, Linux can read and write HFSv2, but there are no disk repair tools for it. This means if you get a "dirty" or corrupted filesystem, you're up a creek unless you have a Mac to connect it to.