Re: Charging iPod / Listening to music

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 11:01:53PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

>   When I plug my iPod using the USB cable I get the 'Do not
> disconnect' screen on the ipod. It's great because I can see the ipod
> is charging. But to listen to music I do not understand what I need to
> do. I tried:
>
>  $ eject /dev/sda
> -> return an error

I had terrible problems with the ipod nano too.  IIRC, I eventually got
it to work with gtkpod, which was able to eject the pod so that is
"allowed" me to unplug it.  It was my first adventure with an mp3
player, so I may just have been being stupid.  Anyway my son borrowed it
and never gave it back, so I was free to buy a Samsung YP-K3 instead.
After a rather hairy experience "upgrading" the firmaware to the Taiwan
version, it is far easier, reads ogg or mp3 files, can be managed via
konqueror, mc or simply cli!  But listening to the pod while it is
attached?  I had the impression that was impossible with either machine.

Not that that helps -- I suppose you were not thinking of lending the
ipod permanently as a solution...

--
richard