Re: Joomla

Freddy Freeloader wrote:
> Well, that is one reason I guess.  Do you happen to know why security
> updates to Joomla would take any longer than security updates to any
> other Debian package in stable?  I'm just curious as Debian has Zope,
> Plone, Drupal, several wiki's, egroupware, and phpgroupware packages in
> stable.  What is so different about Joomla?
> I don't know anything about it other than I from what I read on their
> website today, but it seems to me that most GPL'ed software is in Debian
> so my curiosity has been piqued.  Joomla and webmin are two rather stark
> exceptions to the inclusiveness that I find in the Debian repositories,
> and I have read the reasoning behind why Debian dropped webmin.

Well, drupal in stable is old, normally you want the newest and stable,
you can find in etch the stable but not the new. That's maybe, and maybe
there've not been anyone taking care good enough of the package.

Regards,
Jose Luis.
--

ghostbar on debian linux 'sid' 2.6.22 x86_64-SMP - #382503
Weblog: http://ghostbar.ath.cx/ - http://linuxtachira.org