Joomla

Does anyone here have any insight why Joomla has never made it as a Debian package? I was looking at the Joomla site and did some research on the relationship between Debian and Joomla. I see that someone in late 2006 was packaging Joomla for Sid, but it doesn't appear in the Debian-maintained repositories anymore. Anyone know why this was discontinued? Are there political reasons it was dropped, or is it just lack of enough interest to make the project viable?