Re: Joomla

Freddy Freeloader wrote:
> Does anyone here have any insight why Joomla has never made it as a
> Debian package?  I was looking at the Joomla site and did some research
> on the relationship between Debian and Joomla.  I see that someone in
> late 2006 was packaging Joomla for Sid, but it doesn't appear in the
> Debian-maintained repositories anymore.   Anyone know why this was
> discontinued?  Are there political reasons it was dropped, or is it just
> lack of enough interest to make the project viable?

Well, I guess one of the main reasons is that stable is the suite used
by servers and the updates take a long time to get to stable at least
that this updates are security ones.

And at least me does prefer to install my owns CMS's...

Regards,
Jose Luis.
--

ghostbar on debian linux 'sid' 2.6.22 x86_64-SMP - #382503
Weblog: http://ghostbar.ath.cx/ - http://linuxtachira.org