Re: texlive no longer honours $TEXMFHOME?

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 12:25:48 +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Since Debian started using texlive, I cannot get mktexlsr to index
> my personal texmf tree in ~/.etc/texmf. I have set $TEXMFHOME to
> this path (and also tried it with $HOME/texmf, which is the
> default), but when I run mktexlsr, it just skips the directory.
>
> The source of the problem seems to be kpsewhich:
>
>   kpsewhich --show-path=ls-R
>
> this does not include $HOME at all.
>
> What am I doing wrong? How can I get kpsewhich --show-path=ls-R to
> honour $TEXMFHOME again?

I think you could use something like

export TEXMFDBS="$(kpsewhich --show-path=ls-R):~/.etc/texmf"

but that is probably not much better than running

mktexlsr ~/.etc/texmf

directly when needed.

I simply deleted my ~/texmf/ls-R when the system was changed, as
suggested in /usr/share/doc/tex-common/NEWS.Debian.gz. This works fine
for me, but it might become annoying if you have too many files in the
texmf directories in $HOME. I have about 800 files in there and I don't
notice any delay when latex has to search for one of them while it
processes a source file.

          Florian   |