Re: offline news reader

On 10/14/2007 09:38 PM, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
With Pan, it's only the stable branch (0.14.x) that does OLR.  The
development branch (currently 0.132, IIRC) won't.

In any event, the dev branch isn't fully featured yet, which is something that Kamaraju specified, albeit indirectly.

Pan 0.132 does do offline news reading. It's called "article caching" in the new pan.

What do you mean by "isn't fully featured"?

I decided to try out pan 0.132 in Debian Sid. How do I activate/ deactivate "article caching" feature? Also where do I set the cache size for "article caching"?

thanks
raju

When you view an article, it's automatically cached. Other articles can be cached using "Article/Cache article."

There doesn't seem to be a way to set the cache size. Perhaps this is one of things that the other poster was referring to when he wrote "isn't fully featured." ;-)

And, of course, after several years and many many versions, Pan still has no manual, so if the maximal cache size is statically set, I can't find out what that size is without e-mailing the authors. And I've already tried that; they never answer.