Re: offline news reader

On 10/14/07, Mumia W.. <paduille.4061.mumia.w+nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:

> There doesn't seem to be a way to set the cache size. Perhaps this is
> one of things that the other poster was referring to when he wrote
> "isn't fully featured." ;-)

Perhaps there is, but it doesn't seem to take effect. I use the
development (0.132 currently) release of Pan, and there is a line in
the preferences.xml file in your .pan2 directory (if you're using
newer versions) that says

<int name='cache-size-megs' value='10'/>

But either it is set too low, or is ignored, e.g., on binary groups,
if I try to suck down too many component parts of a file, such as a
movie, it' can and does sometimes take up all available disk space for
the caching of articles.

And then it deletes those article cache files upon exit, so this
"offline" news reading doesn't seem to want to work in pan.