offline news reader

Hi

    I normally use knode for reading debian mailing lists via gmane. However
there is one feature missing in this - reading the news offline. Normally
this is not a problem. However recently my net speed has reduced to couple
of kB and it is difficult to wait for 5 seconds for each message to load.
So is there any way to overcome this problem in knode? If not, is there any
news reader which offers offline functionality and works well with KDE? I
don't have particular preference for graphical or commandline. It is fine
if it consumes quite a bit of memory. I am looking for something which has
lots of features and at the same time gives finer control over them. Any
ideas?

thanks
raju
--