Re: Trying to get a network printer HP LaserJet (tm) 2100tn to print from debian

Thanks for the pointers.   It helped.  The http://localhost:631 gets
farther.
Had to log in as printer admin which I have been using root login-id.
I went through the pages and it allowed me to choose vendor Hewlett-
Packard.
Then choose HP2100 (there wasn't a HP2100TN network printer) and
then choose drive and I chose HP2100+gutenprint.
The webpage reads "connection to the server at localhost:631."

Looks like cups died when adding a printer:
$ ps auxww | egrep cups
user   9994  0.0  0.0   1760   552 ttyp0    S+   22:12   0:00 grep -E
cups

Printer is still there:
$ nmap 192.168.1.5
Starting Nmap 4.11 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2007-09-27
21:53 PDT
Interesting ports on 192.168.1.5:
Not shown: 1641 filtered ports, 35 closed ports
PORT    STATE SERVICE
21/tcp  open  ftp
23/tcp  open  telnet
80/tcp  open  http
515/tcp open  printer

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 32.968 seconds

 Printer still working for windows but not for linux.
When it installed on windows it gave it a name beginning with IPP.
Anybody got any other things I can debug or try to type?
Thanks