Trying to get a network printer HP LaserJet (tm) 2100tn to print from debian

Trying to get a network printer HP LaserJet (tm) 2100tn to print from
debian that I got for free.
I got it to print from windows because it had some Java aplet that
downloaded DLL
and did a windows install and it will print from Windows now.
The software it installed was called "HP internet Printer Connection".

Any how, KDE's add printer cannot scan and find the printer???
So, I can't add it.  Should I try to add it as
and IPP printer or other type?
I tried entering the IP address in the add printer dialog,
but then it show blank selection for chooing the model
and maker of the printer on the next page of the KDE add printer
dialog.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

$ telnet 192.168.1.5:631
telnet: could not resolve 192.168.1.5:631/telnet: Name or service not
known
$ telnet 192.168.1.5:9100
telnet: could not resolve 192.168.1.5:9100/telnet: Name or service not
kn
$ telnet 192.168.1.5
Trying 192.168.1.5...
Connected to 192.168.1.5.
Escape character is '^]'.

HP JetDirect

Please type "?" for HELP, or "/" for current settings

> /

   ===JetDirect Telnet Configuration===
        Firmware Rev.   : G.08.04
        MAC Address     : 00:30:c1:0c:0f:3f