Re: Debian may lose a user

Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net>:
>  Mike Bird wrote:
> > On Tuesday 25 September 2007 12:45, Mike McCarty wrote:
> >> I'm not trying to be mean, either. I'm reporting a single event.
> >
> > We're all volunteers here.  You too.  If you find time I guess
> > some of us would appreciate your posting links to the previous
>
>  I was deliberately not posting the problems, since that
>  might look like a complaint. I'm not trying to get action.

Argh!  We're Debian.  We're trying to get action!

fsck it!  groups.google.com --> Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net site:lists.debian.org

Plenty of stuff, lots of replies and multipost threads.  Can't see any
bug reports.  Guess it's off to the BTS to search there.  Drat.

How 'bout that?  Search of the BTS for submitter reports no reports
found.  Huh?  What address did you submit them from?

Btw, THIS IS ALL VOLUNTEER WORK HERE.  fyi.

>  I provide this information only as an indicator of where there
>  might be an opportunity to win more Windows users and lose fewer.

I'd rather Windows just shrivelled up and died, but I don't really
care.  If she wants to use their junk, that's her problem.  We're
allowed to be fools nowadays.

Debian, on the other hand, I do care about and want to help fixing
anything I can.  *Lots* of others in this thread are saying the same
thing.  "Problem?  What problem?  I can't see it!  Where is it?"

Nobody can fix what they can't even see.  You're not helping.