Re: GNOME: Associate multiple queues with one printer: HOW?

Mike McCarty(Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net) is reported to have said:
> Wayne Topa wrote:
>> Mike McCarty(Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net) is reported to have said:
>>> My GF has a Debian/GNOME/CUPS machine, and wishes to associate more than
>>> one queue with it. I use Fedora/GNOME/CUPS and have no problem doing
>>> that, but so far have failed to manage it with Debian. Can anyone
>>> help me get her machine set up to have more than one queue on
>>> her printer? The connectivity is local through USB, if that makes
>>> any difference.
>>>
>> If by queue you mean another printer instance, ie same printer used
>> but a different dpi etc, then you just make a new printer with a
>> different name.
>
> That's precisely it. It appears to me that the GNOME printer
> manager shipped with Debian is either broken or deficient
> in this area.

I don't run Gnome or KDE here I hope they accept the Cups config.
If not, someone someone that does run them, should submit a bug
report.

>> CUPS Administration -> Add Printer
>> All of the options, except the printer name, are the same as the one
>> you already have, (IIRC).  Then change the options to be what you want.
>
> Ok. Where do I locate the CUPS Administration? Do you mean use
> the "web based" CUPS location via web browser on the local machine?

Yep,  http://localhost:631/printers/

The Administration tab is on the top of the page.

>>  Hope I understood you correctly.
>
> Oh, yes.

Good.

Wayne

--
Bringing computers into the home won't change either one, but may
revitalize the corner saloon.