Re: thunar, xfce etc

Andrew Sackville-West on 24/09/07 19:16, wrote:
On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 07:00:19PM +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
Andrew Sackville-West on 24/09/07 17:28, wrote:
On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 12:15:55PM +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
I use xfce and it has a horrible bug in thunar, its gui file manager, which crops up every now and again and freezes the gui for five minutes.

I finally decided to try to get a fix or something and I see that the thunar version provided by the etch debian packaging repository is 0.4.0rc1. The thunar people brought out 0.8.0 back in January. I'm running etch.

On the thunar website there's just source code download available. I can see http://alioth.debian.org/ where there appears to be a project that might be it but the site is so minimalist, I can't find more! Must be going code blind.

Where is it?
what exactly are you after here? Sid currently has thunar
0.8.something, if that helps.
Hmm. Must be nice. But I'm on etch. Is there no easy way (using debian packaging) to get an upgrade to Thunar without moving from etch to sid?

[corrected:] http://backports.org/

HAHA! How fantastic that it already exists. Thanks alot.