Re: Upgrading from Etch to Lenny

Russell L. Harris wrote:
* Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> [070920 21:10]:

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 04:28:09PM -0400, Gregory O'Neal wrote:

 I am new to linux.  I have been running Etch for a month or so now on
my Gateway Desktop.  I am considering moving up to testing.  This brings
up the question of what is the proper way to accomplish the upgrade?

May I humbly suggest that you may not have had time to learn enough
about linux or Debian to run testing? It is, after all, _testing_.

Humbug!  Your comment may be applicable to "unstable", but not to
"testing".  I ran "unstable" for about two years, and I experienced
very few difficulties.

"Humbug" is a very strong word. It indicates intentional fraudulent
claims. Perhaps you'd like to moderate your statement?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.