Re: debian oriented laptot suggestions

On 14 Sep 2007, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > I now have ATI and sound working but not wireless and I'm not the only
> > one. I've installed firmware-iwlwifi, which is supposed to work. After
>
> It took a while for ipw2200 to work right, I don't think iwlwifi is there
> yet (unless you're using 2.6.23-rc or something like that).  You could try
> using the most up-to-date version possible of iwlwifi and mac80211
> backported for whatever kernel version you are using.  Get it from
> http://intellinuxwireless.org/?p=iwlwifi
>
> I had to keep up with the development versions of ipw2200 for a while before
> it was good enough that I'd care to update only to whatever made it to Linux
> mainline.

Thanks for this pointer. I had tried going back to the previous method
but that didn't work either. As I do have a wired connection I may use
that for the present until things improve.

I was wondering about ndiswrapper. Is that a possibility? I know nothing
about it.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian