Re: debian oriented laptot suggestions

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Wayne Topa wrote:
> Raffaele Morelli(raffaele.morelli@gmail.com) is reported to have said:
> > I am going to buy a laptop and install debian on it, so I would like to
> > receive some feedback/suggestions from the list in this sense.
>
> 1. IBM Thinkpad
	Get a R52, T42 (best of the lot), T43, X40 or X41 (non-tablet).
	The T43 is the more powerful and newer of all of those, the T42
	is the best thinkpad ever produced so far, IMHO.  I own a T43.

> 2. Lenovo Thinkpad
	Those *will* give you trouble for now. I speak this as the
	maintainer for the kernel thinkpad-acpi module :-P  As time passes,
	we will learn enough about them to support them better.

But yes, if you can get a Thinkpad with a Brightview wide-angle-view,
non-glossy high-DPI screen, go for it.  There's nothing better.

  Henrique Holschuh